Get To Know Me
First things first, Happy New Year everyone! I hope so far your new year has been going just as you planned. Two weeks into 2018 already and I still can’t believe how fast 2017 came and went. My main focus was to just grow with every opportunity I was given in that year. I think I did well if I must say so myself, but trust my patience was tested on numerous occasions. On my last blog post you guys saw me enjoying the place I call home (sorry its been so long since I blogged, busy busy busy) and that caused me to think, maybe I should share a few facts about myself. This will help with all the questions you guys might have. Which is how the title of this blog came about…. Lets get started
- My Name is East… and yes this is my real name
- I call only two locations home, NYC and Hawaii (sorry California, not yet)
- I was raised by a single parent, my father. I get my strength and competitive side from him.
- I have 6 siblings, 2 sisters and 4 brothers. I’m close to them all. They are my heart and soul.
- I grew up a chubby kid and didn’t get into fitness until after High School (Now I can’t stop )
- I have a Degree in Computer Science and a Minor in Marketing.
- Fashion wasn’t my first love. I truly enjoyed math and thought I would become a teacher one day. Imagine that haha
- My first “fashion” job was working for Tommy Hilfiger. My love for it grew from there.
- Im REALLY big on planning things.
- I feel like I love fashion and fitness equally (except after leg day lol )
- I have a large shopping problem! But I’m truly addicted to jackets and shoes.
- I grew up with a stutter problem. As an adult I still have to remind myself to slow down when I talk.
- I love whiskey.
- Never smoked a day in my life.
- I don’t like coffee, tea is my go to ( kī )
- I have too many tattoos. Both of my arms are done. I have one on my chest and probably the only one I regret getting (college days smh).
- Favorite cuisines are Italian, Hawaiian , Seafood, and Mediterranean
- Favorite season would have to be the Fall. I don’t mind the cold and I love jackets.
- Biggest Pet Peeve would be people that forget to use the word thank you!
- I was homeless at one point in my life (Many don’t know this).
- I love to cook! Just about anything. I’m known for my lasagna.
- Im terrible with names. I can remember details about a person but I suck at names in the beginning haha.
- Best phase in my life was getting my degree, but the worst was losing my older brother R.I.P
- Most embarrassing moment was a moment when I was so drunk. I sat on the bathroom floor trying to convince myself I wasn’t drunk, and my boys had to come get me hahaha.
- Deal breaker for me is smoking, I’m not a smoker so that only makes sense.
- Im more spiritual than religious. I grew up with both in my family, father was christian and mother was buddhist.
- When people are around me I want them to always feel like they can accomplish anything and I will push you beyond what you think your limits are.
- I dont label many people “friends” this is a title that has to be earned.
- Even in this day of age I still believe in marriage.
- Last but not least…. Im not scared of death, I’m truly scared of not living. If today was my last day I would be happy with what I was able to overcome and accomplish so far.
I think that answers a lot of the questions I normally receive and a few extra I threw in there. If you have any comments leave them.